In order to protect Thai citizens who wish to work in Saudi Arabia and Office of Labour Affairs in Saudi Arabia (OLASA)’s accredited countries in accordance with the Thai Labour Act B.E. 2528 article 48, following is the procedure concerning Demands letter and Power of Attorney Approval:
- Cover letter, introducing your company business and requesting OLASA to verify the documents (free format)
- Demand letter, certified by Saudi Chambers (or relevant organization) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (free format)
- Model Labour Contract, certified by Saudi Chambers (or relevant organization) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (English translation must be present if the contract is written in other languages)
- Company registration or business license, certified by Saudi Chambers (or relevant organization) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs unless verifiable by electronic means
- Power of attorney certified by Saudi Chambers (or relevant organization) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Your partner manpower company* must be legit and registered with Ministry of Labour in Bangkok, the list can be found here
- If your establishment hasn’t been visited by OLASA before, the evidence such as photo of the work sites, accommodation, location on Google map MAYBE REQUESTED.
- Other support documents if any
*For Saudi employer/agency, you must check that your Thailand partner agency is also registered with Saudi Embassy in Bangkok. Without proof of registration, the OLASA will not accept the application
- Scan and email all documents and evidences above to the OLASA for prescreening
- After received the application, the OLASA will take into consideration the contents of the Labour Contract, namely; wage, welfare, holiday and leave, working time, overtime and holiday payment, termination of contract, in compliance with the local Labour Law, the appropriateness of provided accommodation, the working environment, safety, the legitimacy of the establishment etc.
- The OLASA will reply with suggestion if any and will schedule the lodging of original documents for approval stamp (or by courier). Duration for this proceeding is depended on the priority and the officer’s work assignment.
- The OLASA officer has the authority in rejecting Demands letter and Power of Attorney Approval if there is any indication of illegitimacy of the documents, establishment or partner manpower company
- If the original documents need to be returned by courier, the fee must be paid by employer (courier fee vary)
This procedure is NOT applicable for direct hire
Sample of documents certified by Saudi Chambers and MoFA